Migraine Headache Doctor | Natural Migraine Help | Blair Upper Cervical Chiropractic
People will go through hell to try and get their health back. Migraines can be debilitating, the unfortunate part is that some people often travel down the wrong road to get there. The treatments for migraines are for symptoms, not ever getting to the true cause. Honestly, that’s because many doctors do not know the cause. Migraines are not bad luck, there is a cause, and it is correctable.
Quoting from Healthline :
“Migraine headaches are a bit of a mystery. Researchers have identified possible causes, but no definitive causes have been declared. Possible theories include:
- Central nervous system disorder. An underlying disorder may set off a migraine episode when the disorder is triggered.
- Vascular problem. Irregularities in the brain’s blood vessel system may cause migraines.
- Genes. Having a family member who experiences migraine headaches increases your risk for having migraines, so researchers suspect an inherited gene may cause migraines.
- Chemical abnormalities. Several types of brain chemicals and nerve pathways are active during a migraine headache. Abnormalities in any of these areas may cause a migraine."
The cause really is a mystery to the medical profession. Our amazing emergency medical system has figured out how to reattach limbs and visualize things on a molecular level but a very common problem like migraines, they just don't know the cause. The truth is a migraine is a symptom of a much bigger problem. There is a word for this problem in Chiropractic: Subluxation-- it could be defined as a "central nervous system disorder" like seen defined above, but it can be defined more specifically. There are highly mobile vertebrae in the neck, especially right underneath the skull, that allows people to move their heads in multiple directions. There are injuries that occur multiple times in a lifetime that can cause a breakdown in the system that holds everything in place; these injuries could be a small thing like
a slip on the sidewalk, or a big thing like a whiplash. But the wrong force, in the wrong direction, at the wrong time, an cause a subluxation, and for some people that can cause a lifetime of misery.
When a subluxation is present, the bone doesn't move exactly as it was made to and that alone can cause pain. But the bigger problem is what is going on in the central canal where the brainstem lives. The brainstem can be pulled and twisted ever so slightly causing dysfunction not only in the head but in the whole body. This dysfunction is the CAUSE of migraines.
Other theories related to migraine headache end up being related to the subluxation.
- Vascular problems: These definitely contribute to migraines but the nervous system controls the vascular system. Therefore, this is a symptom or a consequence.
- Genes: Upper cervical specific chiropractors definitely see similar patterns of migraines and symptoms in families. But have you ever noticed how you sort of look like your mother? Underlying bone structure similarities and asymmetries could predispose similar misalignment and symptoms. So genes are more of an indirect cause because we are shaped like our parents.
- Chemical abnormalities: People absolutely have migraine triggers. It is a food or a situation that makes a migraine more likely to come on. But a trigger isn't a cause. Otherwise, everyone would get migraines with that trigger. There is an underlying problem that is lurking. The trigger itself is a very outside-in approach. Chiropractors look more for an inside-out approach. "What is going on with me, inside me, that is making me more prone to migraines."
The medical solution is to put patients on long term drug therapies or as needed emergency medicines. That is sometimes necessary but it is important to get to the underlying cause because that will not only help migraine headaches but help the whole body function better.
Is it correctable?
The short answer is YES! Upper Cervical Blair Doctors have been helping people with migraines for over 45 years. It's not magic and it's not Voodoo. It's a scientific method of detecting and analyzing subluxation in the spine, and gently adjusting (realigning) the spinal segments that are locked and causing nerve interference. When the nervous system is clear of the interference, it's amazing what the body is capable of healing from. Specifically, Blair Technique doctors have worked with thousands of patients that have drastically reduced frequency and duration of migraines or commonly no longer have any migraines at all. These doctors, who have dedicated their lives to correcting subluxations, will take a full history and exam and take very detailed x-rays or imagining analysis to find the misalignment and the unique asymmetries in each individual’s spine. After that, detailed health plans are designed to correct the nerve system "disorder" and help you live life again. All of this is without drugs and surgery.